Installing your new Acer laptop
1. Start the Windows Setup
Turn on your laptop. The Windows setup should start now. Follow the steps on the screen. We recommend the following settings:
- Configuration language: your preferred language
- Time and currency layout: Dutch
- Keyboard or input method: United States
- The next screen will ask you to add a second keyboard layout. If you don't want this, click Skip.
2. Connect to the internet
Choose the network you want to connect to from the list on the screen and setup your connection. Choose 'Automatically connect' if you always want to be connected to this network at home.
3. Read the fine print
Almost no one reads the fine print, but it's still good to know what's in the user agreement. At least scroll through it. Click 'Agree' to continue.
4. Log in with a Microsoft account
If you have a Microsoft account, log in here and click Next. If you don't have one or don't want to log in with your account, click Offline Account. This way, you can skip the login.
5. Set a username and password
Enter the username you want to use on your new laptop here. Click Next and enter a password.
6. Adjust the privacy settings
By default, Windows 10 sends all kinds of data on your use of the laptop and Windows to Microsoft. We recommend the standard settings. Want more privacy? Turn the desired settings to 'Off' and click 'Agree'.
7. The Acer registration screen
Finally, you have the option of registering with Acer. You definitely won't need it to get the most out of your laptop.
After this step, your laptop will install the latest Windows updates. This usually takes a few minutes, but sometimes it can take a few hours.
8. Getting started with your Acer laptop
You had to tackle a lot of settings, but the installation is finally completed! Log in with your recently created Windows account and get started with your laptop