Apple iPad Air 2 vs Apple iPad (2017)
Not available anymore
Note Both the Apple iPad Air 2 and the Apple iPad (2017) are no longer available.
Comparison Apple iPad Air 2 with Apple iPad (2017)
|Apple iPad Air 2||Apple iPad (2017)|
|Screen||9.7-inch Retina Display||9.7-inch Retina Display|
|Resolution||2048x1536 pixels||2048x1536 pixels|
|Processor||Apple A8X||Apple A9|
|Storage space||16GB / 32GB / 64GB / 128GB||32GB / 128GB|
|Weight||437 grams||469 grams|
|Battery life||Up to 10 hours||Up to 11 hours|
The differences between the Apple iPad Air 2 and the Apple iPad (2017)
Apple iPad Air 2
The Apple iPad Air 2 has a laminated screen. As a result, you are less bothered by light on the screen. You can also use the iPad Air 2 outside in the sun. This model is equipped with an A8X processor. You can quickly switch between apps and surf the internet smoothly. This processor is a bit older and therefore slightly slower than the A9 processor of its successor. The battery life is also slightly shorter, because this model lasts about 10 hours on one charge.
- The Apple iPad Air 2 weighs only 437 grams, so you can easily take it with you.
- A laminated screen reduces reflections from light.
- Due to the A8X processor, the Apple iPad Air 2 is slightly slower than the Apple iPad (2017).
Apple iPad (2017)
The screen of the Apple iPad (2017) isn't laminated, so reflections are visible sooner. As a result, this model is more suitable for indoor use. Thanks to the faster A9 processor, you can run more demanding apps like Photoshop. The battery also lasts longer. You can use the iPad for 11 ours on a single charge.
- Thanks to the Apple A9 processor, the Apple iPad (2017) is also fast with demanding programs.
- The large battery means that the Apple iPad (2017) lasts longer than the iPad Air 2.
- The Apple iPad (2017) is less suitable for outdoor use because it doesn't have a laminated screen.