How do you put on a face mask?
Put on the face mask with clean hands
To protect yourself and others, it's important that the face mask is always clean. Wash your hands thoroughly before you unpack the mask. Make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Dry your hands thoroughly afterwards. Finally, take the mask out of the package. Only touch the elastic ear loops when doing so. Leaving the house? It's best to put on the mask at home so that hygiene is guaranteed.
Apply the face mask correctly to your face
You mainly use a face mask to protect others, so it's important that you apply the face mask correctly.
- Place the mask on your face and tighten the elastic ear loops.
- Do you wear glasses? Take them off before you put on the mask. It's best to place the glasses slightly over the mask.
- The mask should cover both your mouth and nose completely.
- Securely fasten the elastic ear loops, so the mask can't drop down.
- Make sure the mask fits properly. Press the nose clip. No breath should be trapped underneath the mask.
Tips for wearing a face mask
Wearing a face mask for a long time can be difficult. It's completely new for most people. During use, keep in mind the following:
- Never touch the front of the mask.
- You can wear a mask for up to 3 hours straight. Replace it earlier when it gets wet.
- Never wear a used mask again.
Practice hygiene when you remove the face mask
After using a face mask, make sure you remove it properly. If you don't do this correctly, you put yourself or others at risk. Please note:
- Only grab the elastic ear loops and remove the mask from your face in a smooth motion.
- Put the mouth mask in a plastic bag right away.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Throw away the plastic bag.
- Do you wear glasses? Also wash the bottom of your glasses.