How do I set up the Hori Apex Racing Wheel for PS4?
Setup of the Hori Apex on your PS4
- Plug the wheel into the PS4
- Press and hold the PS button
- Test to see if the wheel works to your liking
Gather all necessary parts
Place the suction cups or attach the clamp
Connect the pedals to the port on the back
After the audible click, it's properly attached
Before you start, make sure that:
- Your PS4 and racing game are up-to-date.
- You've unwrapped the Apex racing wheel and attached it to a sturdy table with suction cups or a clamp according to the manual.
- Your pedals are connected to the back of the Apex wheel.
When in doubt, use the standard PS4 mode by moving the slider on top of the wheel all the way to the left.
Connect to your PS4
Make sure the left slider is in the correct position
Connect the wheel to the USB port of your PS4
Press and hold the PS button shortly, just like you would your controller
- Turn on your PlayStation and go to the main menu.
- Plug the Apex racing wheel into the USB port of your PS4.
- Press and hold the PS button on the racing wheel, since your PS4 will recognize the racing wheel as a controller.
- Log in to the PS account you want to play on.
- The wheel is now active; test it by navigating the menus with the buttons on the wheel (tip: you can also navigate the menus by turning the wheel)
- Open your favorite racing game and test the wheel in a short race.
- Does it not feel quite right yet? Go to the controls settings of your favorite and play around with the deadzone and sensitivity settings until you're comfortably tearing through the corners.
It's possible that a racing game recognizes the wheel as a regular PS4 controller in the settings. No need to panic, you just need to give it a try. If it's not working, check the compatibility and check if the mode switch is set to the right position.