Update HP drivers
A driver ensures good cooperation between software and hardware. A driver will control the keyboard of your HP laptop, or translate a document to a print job. It's important to keep your drivers up to date, as your laptop may become slower if you don't. You can find out how to update HP drivers here.
1. New with HP Support Assistant
- Look for the HP Support Assistant in the Windows Start Menu and open the program.
- Check the options you want. The image shows the options we recommend.
- Click Next to continue.
2. Software and driver downloads
- Click Check for updates and notifications under the 'My devices' header.
- Wait while the HP Support Assistant checks for the latest updates
- If updates are available, click Updates to continue updating the drivers.
3. Download and install the drivers
- Check the selection boxes for the updates you want to perform.
- Click Download and install to download and install the updates.
- The HP Support Assistant performs the downloads and updates for you.
- Once the updates are installed, click OK.
Check the HP Support Assistant once a month to keep your laptop up to date.