How firm should my fitness ball be?
Check the fitness ball
Take the fitness ball out of the box and unfold it completely. Check the ball for tears and damage. Also check whether the valves and caps are included and whether the package is complete.
Calculate the right distance
You don't inflate the fitness ball completely the first time. The material should be given some time to reach its correct shape and to stretch. First we fill the ball by 80% and let it rest for a day.
- Calculate 80% of the diameter of your fitness ball, this doesn't have to be accurate down to the centimeter. We have a ball of 75cm, so we first fill it to about 60 centimeters.
- Use the tape measure to measure 60 centimeters from the wall.
- Place the box in which the fitness ball was delivered at 60 centimeters from the wall.
Tip: If you no longer have the box, you can also use another object, like a chair.
Inflate the ball to 80%
Now that you've placed the box at the correct distance, you can start filling the ball. Note that inflating the ball is a workout in itself, count on 15 to 20 minutes of work.
- Place the fitness ball between the wall and the box and start pumping. If no pump is included, you can also use the pump for your air mattress.
- Pump up the ball until it touches both the wall and the box.
- Place the valve to close the ball.
- Let the fitness ball rest for at least 24 hours before you finish the job.
Prepare the ball for use
Now that you've let the fitness ball stretch for 24 hours, you can finish the job. Now measure the full diameter of the fitness ball from the wall and place the box. Remove the valve and inflate the ball to its full size. Replace the valve as soon as the ball hits both the wall and the box.
The fitness ball is now ready for use. If you want to use the ball to do exercises, then continue reading the following article: