How do I reset my Garmin Nuvi 2597?
Back up your user data
A backup is only needed when you want to save your favorite routes. Once you've connected the Garmin Nuvi to the computer, it takes only 2 clicks to make the backup:
- Connect the Garmin Nuvi to your computer.
- In the initial screen, go to Tools.
- Choose a backup location.
- Select Back Up Now.
- Save the file to the backup location.
Resetting in 5 simple steps
- Step 1: Disconnect the Garmin Nuvi from the computer.
- Step 2: Click Settings.
- Step 3: Next, click the white stripes that just appeared at the top left of the screen.
- Step 4: Click Restore.
- Step 5: Click Yes.
When should you reset the Garmin Nuvi?
When your navigation system has stopped functioning normally, you won't immediately need to grab the manual. In fact, the first step is always turning the device off and back on. If that doesn't work, you should reset. For example, when:
- The screen has stopped responding.
- The navigation system freezes.
- The computer no longer recognizes the navigation system.