How do I set up my D-Link IP camera?
What do you need?
- Installation software
- An IP camera from D-Link
- A (modem) router
- A network cable
- A laptop or desktop (connected to the same network as the camera)
- A free socket
- Do you have a wifi ip camera? Then record the password of your wireless network
Step 1: install the software
Before you configure the IP camera, first install the software. You do this by performing the following steps:
- Open the download page of D-Link in an internet browser. For example Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer (on Windows). Make use of a computer that is connected to the same network as the network to which you connect the IP camera.
- Select your type of IP camera in the overview.
- In the overview under the IP camera you see a heading 'Installation Wizard'. Select the operating system (Windows macOS) of your computer below.
- Choose 'Download installation wizard' in the popup.
- Start the installation wizard.
Step 2: connect the ip camera and configure it
It is now time to get the IP camera ready for use. To do this, follow the steps below in the installation wizard.
- Choose Dutch as language and press 'Start'.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and click on 'Next'.
- Follow the steps to connect the IP camera:
- Take the power cable and the network cable from the IP camera (If you have a Wi-Fi ip camera, use the cable for configuration only).
- Stop 1 end of the network cable in the IP camera.
- Plug the other end into the (modem) router.
- Insert the plug into a free wall socket.
- Insert the other end into the power port of the ip camera.
- Wait until the LED light on the IP camera turns green.
- Press 'Next' when the LED light is green and confirm it in the popup.
- Select your IP camera in the overview. In the bottom right corner you create a new password. Write this down, without this password the IP camera can not be accessed. Press 'Next'.
- Now choose the way in which the IP camera is connected to the router. Do you opt for wireless? Then select your network and enter the wifi password. Then click on 'Next'. Would you like to watch live everywhere? Then create a new mydlink account. Then press 'Next'. Click 'Finish' on the next page. The configuration is now fully completed. After completing the configuration, the wizard links you to mydlink where you can watch live. Do you want to adjust further settings? Then press 'Settings' at the top and then 'Web page'. You now enter the configuration interface of the IP camera.
Is it not working?
We are happy to help you with the installation of your new D-Link ip camera. Does the installation not work with the aid of this step-by-step plan? Please contact our customer service.