How do I set up Synology Cloud Station?
With Synology Cloud Station on your Synology NAS, you can create a personal cloud service in which you store all your files. You can access this anywhere from your computer, tablet, and smartphone. In addition, Cloud Station synchronizes your files, so if you adjust one, this change will occur on every device. If the installation itself isn't really working, I'll help you with a step-by-step plan for setting up Synology Cloud Station.
What do you need?
- A Synology NAS
- QuickConnect ID
- The most recent version of DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Windows or Mac computer
- Optional: smartphone
Do you want to decide for yourself who can use the Cloud Station software?
- Select 'Rights' in the left menu,
- Click on the boxes on the right side of the screen to enable or disable access per user,
- Then click on 'save'.
Do you want to choose which folders you share with other users?
- Click on 'Share' in the left menu,
- Choose per folder if you want to share it with multiple users,
- Click on 'save'.
4. Optional: Use Cloud Station on your smartphone
- Do you want to use Cloud Station to synchronize files from your phone?
- Download the DS Cloud app on your iPhone or your Android phone,
- Open the app,
- Choose a device name and enter your QuickConnect ID, along with your username and password from your Synology NAS.
- Complete the setup.
- You can now use your own cloud service on your smartphone via your Synology NAS.