General Terms & Conditions insurances
Yes. Damage caused abroad is also covered by insurance.
Insurance for computers (laptops and tablets) and mobile phones cover damage that occurs during business use. Other products won't be covered in case of damage, loss, and/or theft during business use.
Coolblue Backup Plan
Coolblue Backup Plan Large White Goods
The insurances below are available for mobile devices:
Coolblue Backup Plan Damage
Coolblue Backup Plan Complete
We offer the insurance in collaboration with ERGO. They'll hande your information with care, of course. Read how they do that here.
Are you looking for the policy terms and conditions of your ACTUA insurance (activated before 1 October 2018)? We've saved them for you:
We offer different Backup Plans per product. On the product page, you can find which Backup Plans are available for your product and what they cover.
Fall and impact damage
Do you have fall or impact damage? You can have your product repaired via Coolblue. The costs will be reimbursed by the insurer. You only have to pay your deductible.
Is your product damaged because it's come into contact with a liquid? You can have your product repaired via Coolblue. The costs will be reimbursed by the insurer. You only have to pay your deductible.
__ Manufacturing errors outside the warranty__
Did your product stop working and is the defect not covered by the standard warranty or has the warranty expired? The costs will be reimbursed by the Backup Plan. You only have to pay your deductible.
Did someone steal your product? If you have insurance with theft coverage, make sure to report it to the police within 48 hours and email their report to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll receive the current price of the same or an equal product in Coolblue credit, minus your deductible. If your product is stolen from the car, you're also covered, as long as there are visible traces of theft and you didn't leave your belongings clearly visible.
A product is total loss when it's broken in such a way that it can no longer be fixed, or if the repair costs will be higher than the cost of a new product. You'll receive the current price of the same or an equal product in Coolblue credit, minus your deductible. You can then choose a new product yourself.
Inintentionally wrong use
Damage to your product due to accidents is also covered. This damage is the result of actions that you've performed incorrectly by mistake. For example, a bra hook that got stuck in the washing machine or items of clothing that were too muddy or sandy to go in the washing machine.
Research and travel costs
If you have a Backup Plan for large white goods and a technician has to come to your home to repair the appliance, handling costs will be charged. There are also costs associated with determining the defect, which are also referred to as investigation costs. You won't have to pay for either of these costs.
- We'll repair any manufacturing defects covered by the warranty, free of charge. You don't need insurance for that.
- Damage that doesn't affect the insured equipment's use, such as dents, scratches, damage to the finish.
- Damage to or malfunctions in the insured appliance that can be remedied by cleaning it, such as accumulations of dirt and blockages.
- Damage to hardware added afterwards or new hardware that is no longer in its original state.
- Consequential damage: damage as a result of the damaged appliance. For example, if your washing machine breaks down and leaks so your floor is damaged. The damage won't be covered by this insurance in that case. You need a home insurance policy for that.
- Damage due to accidental loss, such as forgetting or leaving the insured equipment lying around.