You can easily solve many problems with the touchscreen by trying one or more of the following solutions.
It can help to soft reset the device. This is the same as a reboot. To do this, follow the next steps:
- Press and hold the standby button and the volume down button simultaneously.
- Release when the device turns off.
- Switch the device on again by pressing and holding the standby button.
Remove case and screen protector
The screen reacts not only to your fingers, but also to other objects that press on the touchscreen. The case or your screen protector might cause a constant pressure point. Check if the screen responds to your touches when you remove the case and screen protector from your device.
With a hard reset, you can reset the device to the factory settings. The steps below are only possible if your touchscreen is still partially responding.
- Make sure you've backed up your data. Otherwise, apps, data, files, and photos will be lost.
- Check whether your battery is at least 60% charged or connect your device to the charger.
- Go to Settings by tapping the gear icon.
- Choose General.
- Press Reset.
- Select Reset factory settings.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.