How do I connect my headset to the PS4?
What do I need?
- A PS4
- A PS4 controller
- A (gaming) headset with one of the following connectors:
- Bluetooth (wireless)
- 3.5mm jack (AUX)
- Optical connector (TOSLink)
Choose the type of headset you want to connect.
Connect a Bluetooth headset
Unfortunately, most Bluetooth headsets don't work on the PlayStation 4. Wireless headset that do work on this console often come with an extra USB receiver that you connect to the PlayStation.
Want to try with a Bluetooth headset anyway? Follow the steps below.
- Boot up your PS4 and go to Settings, then go to Devices.
- Select Bluetooth devices. The PS4 will now automatically search for Bluetooth devices in the area.
- Follow the pairing instructions for your Bluetooth headset.
- Select the headset when the device becomes visible in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- In the menu, adjust the sound settings. Do this by holding the PS button and going to Sound/Devices.
Connecting a 3.5mm jack
- Grab the PS4 controller and the headset.
- Plug the headset's 3.5-millimeter jack into the PS4 controller's headphone connector.
- Press and hold the PS button on the controller. A menu will now appear.
- Go to Sound/Devices. In the menu, you'll be able to adjust the sound settings.