Change Gigaset PIN code
Changing the System PIN
When you start using your Gigaset, the device will already have a PIN code. By default, this is set to 0000. You change this pincode as follows:
- Open the main menu.
- Go to 'Settings', represented with a gear symbol.
- Select 'System'.
- Now select 'System PIN'.
- Now enter the old PIN code. If the PIN code hasn't been changed, it's 0000.
- Confirm your choice with 'OK'.
- Enter a new PIN code. The PIN code should be between 4 and 9 digits.
- Save your choice.
Resetting the System PIN
You might have forgotten the PIN code. If you want to reset the PIN code to the default 0000, you should do the following:
- Unplug the power cable from the base station.
- Press and hold the login/paging button while plugging the power cable back into the base station. If you're not exactly sure where the login/paging button is on your base station, consult the manual.
- Don't let go of the login/paging button yet; keep holding it for at least 5 seconds.
Note: when you reset the system PIN, all settings on the base station will be reset, and all paired handsets will be unpaired.