How do you change the PIN code of a Gigaset phone?
Changing the System PIN
When you start using your Gigaset, the device will already have a PIN code. By default, this is set to 0000. You change this pincode as follows:
- Open the main menu.
- Go to 'Settings', represented with a gear symbol.
- Select 'System'.
- Now select 'System PIN'.
- Now enter the old PIN code. If the PIN code hasn't been changed, it's 0000.
- Confirm your choice with 'OK'.
- Enter a new PIN code. The PIN code should be between 4 and 9 digits.
- Save your choice.
Resetting the System PIN
You might have forgotten the PIN code. If you want to reset the PIN code to the default 0000, do as follows:
- Unplug the power cable from the base station.
- Press and hold the login/paging button while you plug the power cable back into the base station. The login/paging button has an icon that looks like WiFi logo.
- Don't let go of the login/paging button just yet. Hold it for at least another 5 seconds.
Note: when you reset the system PIN, all settings on the base station will be reset and all paired handsets will be unpaired.