Advice on drawing tablets
Digitize notes and sketches
Consider a digital notebook if you do not want to lose the feeling of pen on paper, but still want to keep all your work online. With a digital notebook you simply write with a pen on a piece of paper, while you get to see each pen line digitally. The way in which the tablet digitizes your work is very proprietary; this can for example be via an app on your smartphone, with a USB cable or via a Bluetooth connection.
Hobby and semi-professional use
If you are a novice artist or edit hobby photos, we recommend a Wacom Intuos or a Trust drawing tablet. These drawing tablets are relatively inexpensive to purchase and work well with software such as Adobe PhotoShop or SketchBook Pro.
- Hobby-shaped drawing tablets are budget-friendly.
- They have no fuss and are therefore user-friendly.
- Without multi-touch it is more difficult to rotate and zoom.
If you want to digitally or frequently digitally draw or edit photos, we recommend the Wacom Intuos Pro. This drawing tablet has all the functionalities of the regular Intuos line and also has a number of extra advantages.
- With multi-touch zoom and rotate your design easily.
- With the extra buttons on the drawing tablet you set all your favorite tools.
- To use the drawing tablet, you need a laptop or a computer with an external monitor.
Professional at a fixed workplace
If you want to design professionally at a fixed workplace such as: drawing, editing photos or creating 3D models, we recommend looking at a Wacom Cintiq. The big difference with the other product lines is that the screen in the tablet is processed, so you can draw directly on it.
- With a built-in screen, you do not need an external monitor to instantly admire the result.
- Use the extra buttons on the drawing tablet to set all your favorite tools.
- You need a powerful computer or laptop to use the drawing tablet. to work.
Professional mobile use
If you want to be able to design anywhere as a flexible professional, you choose the MobileStudio Pro. To use this drawing tablet, you do not need a desktop or laptop. This way you can express creative ideas on your drawing tablet when you are sitting in the train or in your favorite coffee shop.
- Thanks to the built-in computer you can design wherever you want.
- With a built-in screen you do not need an external monitor to directly admire the result.
- Without a standard you do not easily put down the drawing tablet.
When you choose a drawing tablet it is important that you ask yourself what and for what way you will use the drawing tablet. For example, there are models that are fine if you sketch out on a hobby. But there are also more advanced drawing tablets with which you can design professionally. In addition, you still have the choice between a drawing tablet that you need to connect to a computer and the models you use to get started on the go.