Problem: my Gigaset's display isn't showing anything
- The handset isn't on.
- The batteries aren't charged.
- The handset's key lock is on.
- Turn on the handset.
- Charge the batteries or replace them.
- Disable the key lock. You can do this by long-pressing the pound key.
Problem: my phone's battery drains really fast
- You've enabled extra functions such as Bluetooth, Eco mode, or monitoring mode.
- The batteries are old.
- The handset is being charged on a non-Gigaset base station.
- Disable the extra functions.
- Replace the batteries.
- Use the included base base station or a different Gigaset base station to charge your handset.
Problem: my handset doesn't ring
- The ringer volume is set to silent.
- Call forwarding has been enabled.
- The ringtone is being suppressed by anonymous callers.
- The handset doesn't ring within specific time frames.
- Increase the ringer volume.
- Disable call forwarding.
- Disable the ringer volume for anonymous callers.
- A timer has been enabled. Disable it. Check the call blocking list, if your handset has one.
Problem: the display shows a 'Pair handset' or 'Place handset on base station' message
- The handset hasn't been paired with the base station.
- The maximum number of allowed handsets has been surpassed.
- Pair your handset.
- Check your device's manual to learn the maximum number of handsets that you can pair with your base station.
Problem: caller ID isn't working
- The caller has suppressed caller ID.
- Caller ID hasn't been activated with the provider or isn't supported by the provider.
- The phone is connected to a router or gateway that doesn't correctly forward caller IDs.
- The caller has to activate caller ID with his provider.
- Contact your provider in order to activate caller ID.
- Restore the default settings of your gateway. You can do this by briefly unplugging the power adapter (one minute) and plugging it in again. In case of a router: check your router's settings in the manual or your PC. Look for terms such as 'caller ID,' 'CLIP,' and 'send called ID.'
Problem: calls aren't being connected when I take my handset out of its charging station for an incoming call.
- Auto-answer on pickup isn't enabled.
- Enable auto-answer on pickup.
Problem: the display shows a 'No base station' message
- The handset is out of the base station's range.
- The base station is disabled.
- The base station's range has decreased.
- Reduce the distance between the handset and the base station.
- Check if the base station's, router's, or gateway's connectors are still properly connected.
- 'Maximum range' is disabled. Enable it.