How do you use your keyboard and mouse on the PS4?
What do I need?
- A PS4, PS4 Slim, or PS4 Pro
- A PS4 controller
- A USB (gaming) mouse
- A USB (gaming) keyboard
- A game with built-in support for keyboard and mouse input
- Optional: a USB hub*
*Since a PS4 pro only has 3 USB ports, a USB hub gives you the option of simultaneously using your wireless USB headset and/or USB capture card for example.
The PS4 has a number of games that offer full support for keyboard and mouse. In these games, you're guaranteed to be able to use your mouse and keyboard. Not all games offer this support, though. With these games, it may not work smoothly (because these games simulate 'controller input') or your mouse and keyboard might not be recognized at all.
A number of games with full support:
- Fortnite Battle Royale (Now your poor friends won't have to build against PC players anymore).
- War Thunder
- Final Fantasy 14
- Step 1: Switch on your PS4 and log in to your PlayStation account with your controller.
- Step 2: Connect your mouse and keyboard to your PS4 (or connect them to the USB hub and connect the hub to your PS4).
- Step 3: Test whether your keyboard works by navigating through your PS4 menu with the arrows.
- Step 3.5: Is your keyboard not working? Then you may have to put your keyboard in the so-called BIOS mode. This will bypass the drivers that don't work on PS4. With my Corsair keyboard, you do this by simultaneously pressing the F1 and the Windows lock button for 4 to 5 seconds. Did it work? In that case, your Num Lock light will be blinking.
Step 4: Load your game and show your opponents that they aren't safe from the so-called 'PC master race' on PS4 either.