How do I connect my landline?
Connecting using the cable
Got a wired connection at home or on your commercial property? In that case, connect the phone using a phone cable. The ways of connecting your landline phone depend on your phone plan provider. With KPN, you connect a landline phone to an ISRA point, while you connect your landline phone to the modem with Ziggo. Because the setup varies between providers, I recommend always keeping the manual from your provider at hand.
Do you have a contract with KPN? If so, you connect the telephone to the ISRA point, also called a socket. Follow these steps to connect the landline phone:
- Locate the ISRA point in the fuse box. Is this connector not there? If so, you can find the connector near the main socket. This is a socket with 4 holes and is usually located in the living room.
- Plug the telephone's connector into the ISRA point (the socket) or into the main socket.
- The phone is ready for use.
Connecting to the modem
Want to connect a landline phone to a modem? You do this by plugging the phone's network cable into the modem. Before connecting the DECT cable, check what kind of modem you have, since setup differs from one provider to another. That's why, when following the steps below, you should also always keep the manual that came with the modem at hand.
Does your KPN package contain a connection box with a green port and a phone cable with a green connector? Great! Use the steps below to connect a landline phone to a KPN modem (Experia Box):
- Check to see if your modem is connected to the Internet. If not, set up this connection first.
- Plug the end of the phone cable with the green connector into the first green port on the modem and the other end into your base station.
- Check if you can hear a dial tone and dial a 10-digit number.
- If dialing is succesful, your phone is connected to the modem.
Note: got a fixed phone connector? In that case, it's best to contact your provider for help with setup.
Before beginning setup, check if the phone cable is in the Ziggo setup package. Next, follow these steps to connect your landline phone to the Ziggo modem:
- Plug the end of the phone cable into the modem's TEL 1 port and the other end into the base station.
- Wait until the green light on the TEL 1 port is on.
- Check if you hear a dial tone on the phone.
- Hear a dial tone? That means setup was successful.
- If you're not hearing a dial tone, take the ends of the phone cable out and plug them back into the TEL 1 port and the base station.
- Now repeat steps 2 through 4.