What are the advantages and disadvantages of cooking on gas?
- Cooking on gas is cheaper than electric cooking.
- You can adjust the heat supply very precisely yourself.
- Quickly heat up your pans with a large fire.
- You do not have to purchase any new pans.
- With a wok burner you can very well wok at high temperature.
- Much loss of heat: no efficient energy consumption.
- Cleaning is difficult due to pan supports and burners.
- You cook with an open flame and therefore cooking with gas is not the safest way.
What's gas cooking?
When you turn the knob of the gas stove or gas hob, the gas supply opens and gas with fire is converted into heat. You determine the energy supply precisely with the rotary knob and the gas burner. Do you want to simmer the mushroom cream sauce or cook on a large fire? When cooking with gas you immediately see what you are doing: when you lower the gas, the flame also becomes smaller immediately.
Which connector do I need?
You need a gas connection in your kitchen for gas cooking. There is a gas connection in almost every Dutch house. However, the transition to electric cooking is getting bigger and there are no longer any gas connections in new-build homes.
Which pans do I need?
You do not need special pans when cooking with gas. Each pan is in principle suitable for cooking on a gas stove. We recommend cooking with cast iron pans, because they distribute the heat well and retain an equal temperature for a long time. Pans deform due to the heat differences between the flame and the room where the flame does not come directly. They then become slightly more rounded at the bottom. This then has no effect on heating the pan.