How do I get started with GoPro Quik?
|What do we do?||Create a video with the Quik app from GoPro.|
|How long does this last?||5 to 15 minutes.|
|What do you need?||A GoPro HERO, HERO 5 or HERO 6 and a telephone or tablet.|
Step 1: download the app (s) on your smartphone or tablet
To get started with the Quik app, first make sure that the videos and photos you want to merge into the Quik app are on your phone or tablet. For this you need the GoPro app (formerly Capture). In total you download 2 apps. \ N \ n * Download the free GoPro app (formerly Capture) in Google Play or the App Store if you do not have this app yet. \ N * Then download the app that is about it: the Quik app. This app can also be downloaded for free in Google Play or the App Store.
Step 2: Connect GoPro with GoPro app
You have downloaded the GoPro app and the Quik app. Now you are going to connect your GoPro HERO 5 or 6 and the GoPro app to load the files on your phone or tablet.
- Open the GoPro app.
- Search for the icon with the camera and click on it.
- Then choose the option + Add device.
- Select the GoPro model you have in the app and check if the camera is on.
- Swipe on the screen of your GoPro camera from above down to go to the right menu.
- Then choose CONNECT NEW DEVICE and then the option GOPRO APP.
- You will now see a Wi-Fi network and Wi-Fi password, you use this data when you make the connection between your GoPro and the GoPro app.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your phone or tablet and look for the name of the Wi-Fi network that you see on your camera screen.
- Enter the password and the connection is made.
- If this is successful, you will return to the GoPro app.
Step 3: Select files in the GoPro app
Now that you have established a connection between your GoPro and the GoPro app, you will download the files on your phone or tablet that you have created with your action camera. \ N \ n * Click on the icon with the 9 boxes in the GoPro app view all media. \ n * You then click on the icon with the checkmark to select the files. \ n * Select the files you want to add to the Quik video. \ n * Click on the Quik icon to view the files directly in the Quik app.
Step 4: getting started in the Quik app
To use and download apps, you connect your smart TV to the internet. Have you done this already? Skip this step. Follow the next steps to set up the connection:
- When you click on the file, a blue label appears on which HILIGHT is displayed. Click here. A preview of the file and a row with separate frames appears.
- Click on the blue button.
- Drag the box that appears on the frames to the part of the video that you want to emphasize.
- Press OK.
Step 5: edit video
After selecting the media and the highlights of each video, the Quik app starts working for you. The chosen media are analyzed to create the best video for you. The video will appear automatically as soon as the Quik app is ready. Now it's time to edit the video.
- Among the video that the Quik app has made for you, all sorts of filters appear. These filters give a specific style to the video. Scroll through the filters to see which you like the most.
- Select the filter you want to use by standing on it. That filter now has a white frame.
- Then click on the icon with the music note to select music for your video.
- Scroll through all options to listen to all options and select the best ones. The middle box is the music style you selected.
- If you want to change the order of the clips, click on the icon with the playback button.
- Drag a single clip to the right place where you want it.
- Click on the icon with the pencil in this menu to add text to the clip.
- Adjust the duration of the video by clicking on the tool icon and by clicking DURATION. Drag the white ball over the timeline to make your video shorter or longer.
- You adjust the format of the video by clicking SIZE. Here you can click on the CINEMA or SQUARE option to make your video screen wide or square.
Step 6: share your video and save it
Watch a preview of the video. If you are satisfied with the result, save the video. You also have the option to share the video immediately via channels like Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook and Snapchat. \ N \ n * Click on the blue icon with the down arrow. \ N * Select the channel on which you want to share the video , the video is now being uploaded to it. \ n * The Quik app asks if you want to open the video in another app, give permission for it. You will then be redirected to the app with which you want to share the video. \ N * Click on COMPLETE if it is Successful! and click SHARE AGAIN to share the video on another channel. \ n * Do not want to share the video, just save it? Scroll all the way down for the PHOTO LIBRARY option. Click to save the video in your phone or tablet's photo library.