How do I connect my Apple AirPods?
Connnecting Apple AirPods
In 4 steps, you can read how to connect your Apple AirPods to your iPhone.
Step 1: Connect AirPods manually
Step 2: Restore Bluetooth settings
Step 3: Update firmware
Step 4: Factory settings
Connect Apple AirPods automatically
To pair Apple AirPods with Apple iPhone, I need an iPhone with iOS 10 or higher.
- I make sure the Apple iPhone screen is on and go to the home screen.
- I open the case and keep it close to my iPhone. I also ensure that Apple AirPods are in the case. Now a configuration pop-up appears on the screen.
- I choose 'Connect' on my iPhone and then tap 'Done'.
What if my AirPods do not connect to my iPhone?
If my AirPods don't connect to my iPhone, I can try a few things to restore the connection myself. For example, I can try to connect my AirPods manually or restore the Bluetooth settings on Apple iPhone. Does this not work? Then I see if I can perform a software update on my iPhone or reset my Apple AirPods.
Step 1: AirPods Connect manually
To restore the bluetooth connection, I follow the steps below on my iPhone.
- I open the case, take out the AirPods and put them in my ears.
- At the back of the case I press the button to activate the signal.
- I navigate to the settings on my iPhone and tap 'Bluetooth'. Here I select my Apple AirPods and I choose 'Connect'.
Step 2: restore Bluetooth settings
If my AirPods do not want to connect to my phone, it may be due to the Bluetooth settings of my Apple iPhone.
- I go to the settings of my iPhone and tap 'Bluetooth'.
- Then I choose the 'i' icon next to Apple AirPods and tap 'Forget this device'.
- Switch off Bluetooth via settings or the control panel.
- I restart my iPhone.
- Switch on Bluetooth again and reconnect Apple AirPods.
Step 3: Update the firmware for Apple AirPods
If the latest firmware version for Apple AirPods is not installed automatically, I can also do this manually.
- I put the AirPods in the charging case and leave the case open.
- With the Bluetooth settings of my iPhone I connect to Apple AirPods. 3. Then I go to settings and I choose 'Info' and then I tap 'AirPods'.
- If the latest firmware version is not shown here, I close the case and open it again to force the update process.