How do you use AirPrint on your Apple devices?
What is Apple AirPrint?
Apple AirPrint is an application from Apple that makes printing your photos and documents wirelessly from your Apple devices quick and easy. AirPrint is available on the Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Apple iPod Touch, and Apple Mac. You don't have to install any extra programs or software to use AirPrint.
What do you need?
To make use of AirPrint, you need the following:
- A printer that's suitable for AirPrint
- An Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Apple iPod Touch, or Apple Mac
The same WiFi network
Make sure your Apple device is connected to the same WiFi network as your printer. The printer probably has it's own WiFi network that you have to connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to. That's the only way you'll be able to use AirPrint with your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac. You can check how to find the WiFI network of your printer in the printer manual.
How do you use AirPrint?
You can easily print a photo or document from your Apple device.
- Open the cat photo or the file you want to print.
- Tab the 'Share' icon. It looks like an arrow pointing left or a square with an arrow pointing upwards.
- Scroll down and tap Print. It's possible that option isn't available. That means the app that you're trying to print from doesn't support AirPrint.
- Tab Select Printer. If you've connected your printer properly and turned it on, it'll now appear on your screen. Select your printer.
- Choose how many prints you want of your cat photo and tap 'Print'. Your cat photo will now emerge from your AirPrint printer.
Check your printer
Apple has a list of all printers that support AirPrint. Is your printer on this list? Nice. From now on, printing will be a piece of cake for you.