What temperature should my freezer have?
Ideal temperature is -18 °
The best temperature to set the thermostat of your freezer is -18 ° C. It is often possible to set the thermostat to an even lower temperature, but this is superfluous. A lower temperature than -18 ° C does not ensure that your products stay longer. All freezers have a number of stars that indicate the temperature from which the appliance can freeze. The freezers from our assortment are all provided with a **** indication. This means that they can freeze with a temperature of -18 ° C or colder.
The temperature can usually be read on the display of your freezer. Does your freezer have no display? Then measure the temperature yourself by placing a thermometer between the products for a few hours. With this you measure the actual temperature of the products in your freezer. The air temperature is actually a lot higher than the actual temperature.
When you use your freezer consciously, you save energy costs. Below I give you some tips to limit the energy consumption of your freezer:
- Do not place your freezer next to a heat source. This means he has to work harder to freeze your food.
- Ensure sufficient distance from the wall at the rear so that the heat can be dissipated.
- Do not leave the door open unnecessarily so that the appliance remains at the correct temperature.
- Allow hot products to cool down before placing them in your freezer. Make the ventilation openings on the back of your freezer dust-free with a soft brush.
- Defrost your freezer regularly. A ripple of 2 millimeters increases energy consumption by up to 10%.