How do I use FaceID on the Apple iPad?
With FaceID, I unlock my Apple iPad Pro without entering a pin code. I look at the screen and I get started. Not only do I unlock my iPad, but I also make payments using facial recognition on sites like Paypal. Logging in to Facebook? This is also possible by positioning my face in front of the camera. I no longer need to remember passwords and it saves me time. FaceID always works, whether I wear my hair pulled back or not, shave my beard or not, and it even works in the dark. I couldn't live without it anymore.
How do I set up FaceID?
Setting up FaceID is easy and I do it as follows.
- I open Settings → FaceID and access code. I enter the access code.
- Next, I tap Configure FaceID.
- I hold my face in front of the camera and click on Get started.
- Now I keep my face within the frame and make a circular motion with my head.
- After the first scan, I tap Continue and repeat the circular motion.
- I tap Done.
Which Apple iPad models have FaceID?
Unfortunately, not every Apple iPad model features FaceID. The following versions currently support FaceID:
- Apple iPad Pro 11 inches (2018/2020)
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inches (2018/2020)