How do I set up my Chromecast?
What do you need?
- A Google Chromecast or Google Chromecast Ultra.
- The Google Home app.
- A TV with HDMI connection.
- A Google account.
- Access to a secure WiFi network of which you know the password.
First, we'll connect the Chromecast. Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra work on any TV or monitor with an HDMI connection.
- Remove the Google Chromecast from the package and connect the HDMI cable to an unused HDMI input on your TV.
- Connect the power supply to the Chromecast and to a power socket.
- You can also connect the regular Chromecast without a separate power supply by connecting it to your TV via USB. That way, you won't need the separate power supply. You do always need to connect the Chromecast Ultra with the power supply.
- Connect the Chromecast Ultra to a network via an Ethernet cable for an extra stable connection. The connector for this is in the device's power supply. You can also connect via WiFi instead.
You're now connected to the Chromecast. Now all you have to do is set a few things.
- Choose the room in which the Google Chromecast is located. This is useful if you have multiple Chromecasts.
- Connect your Chromecast to your WiFi network by selecting the network from the list and entering the password.
- Finally, link your Chromecast to your Google Account, and you'll be able to show photos from your Google Photos on your Chromecast as a screensaver, for example.
You're ready to cast. Want to see what you can do with your Chromecast? Check out our article with the best apps for the Google Chromecast.