How do I make my Synology NAS accessible outside of my network?
Synology has a very convenient function called 'QuickConnect', which lets you easily enable access from outside your network by following these steps.
The step-by-step plan
- Open http://find.synology.com in an internet browser to open the NAS user interface. Examples are Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Do this on a computer that's connected to the same network.
- Next, go to the configuration screen.
- Select 'QuickConnect'.
- Select the "Enable QuickConnect" check box.
- Log in with a Synology account. If you don't have an account yet, you can create one here right away.
- After logging in, choose a name for your NAS with which you can access it from outside your network and enter it in 'QuickConnect ID'.
- Leave the checkbox at 'automatic port forwarding' checked.
- Click on advanced and make sure that the check boxes for both DSM and the mobile applications are checked.