Which tools do I need to install a cooktop?
Which tools do I need?
Which connection you need depends on the number of phases in your home:
- 1 phase: the hob has a supplied plug and can be connected to a normal socket.
- 2- or 3 phases: the hob needs a perilex connection.
- Do not know how many phases you have in your home? Use a multimeter to measure this.*
We recommend that you have a 2 or 3 phase hob installed by a qualified electrician. We do however recommend that you always purchase the following material:
- 5-pole perilex plug
- Cable: do you opt for an AEG or Zanussi hob? The supplied cable is 4-wire and can not be used in the Netherlands. Order a separate cable.
Tip: you do not need a kit for an electric hob. There is always a strip to make the device waterproof.
To install a gas hob, you always need the following material:
- Gas hose (max. 1.5 meters)
- Comfoor connection
Are you going to install the hob? Then you need extra tools:
- Tape measure
With most gas hoses you get a comfort connection and guest tape. Check in advance if this is the case, so you do not order more than necessary.