The Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock works with ...
Apple MacBooks, Windows laptops, Chromebooks and Microsoft Surface.
Main connection - usb C
To use this docking station, your MacBook needs a USB C connection.
What can you do with this docking station?
- Connect 1 monitor via USB C or DisplayPort (maximum 4K at 60Hz)
- Connect 2 monitors via Usb C and DisplayPort (maximum 4K at 60Hz)
- Charging laptop via usb C (maximum 85 watts)
- Connecting accessories as a mouse or keyboard via usb A
- Connecting headphones via the 3.5 mm jack connection
- Charging telephone via usb C or usb A
- Working with wired internet
What can't you do with this docking station?
- Connecting a memory card
The usb c port of the Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock supports the connection of an extra monitor and the charging of your laptop, but you have to choose between 1 of 2. You can connect a monitor via this port or charge your laptop .
To use this docking station, your laptop needs a usb C connection with DisplayPort alt mode.