How do I connect my printer to my Chromebook?
Step 1: open Settings
Turn on your printer and make sure it's connected to your router. Then follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your Chromebook and click Settings.
- Open the hamburger menu at the top left.
- Click on Advanced.
Step 2: go to printer settings
You'll now see a new screen. Scroll down or use the search bar at the top and click Add printers.
Step 3: add the printer
The Chromebook is now scanning the network for printers connected to the network. Wait until the printer appears. Select the printer and click on Add.
Optional: use a wired printer
Make sure the printer is turned on and connect it to your Chromebook via a USB cable. Afterward, follow these steps:
- Open the file you'd like to print.
- Click on Settings in the upper right corner of the Chrome Screen and select Print from the menu.
- On the left side of the following screen you need to click Edit and select the relevant HP printer. After that, you can start printing.