How do I use the Apple Pencil (1st generation)?
Apple Pencil (1st generation)
The 1st generation Apple Pencil is compatible with the following models: * iPad Pro 12.9 inch (1st or 2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch
- iPad (2018, 6th generation)
Please note on: Apple Pencil 1 is therefore not compatible with Apple iPad Pro (2018).
How do I connect Apple Pencil 1?
Apple Pencil linking is child's work. Is the stylus once paired? Then it stays connected until I restart my iPad, until I switch to airplane mode or until I pair Pencil with another iPad. Re-pairing, I do exactly the same way again.
- First I remove the cap from Apple Pencil.
- I connect Apple Pencil to the Lightning connector of my iPad.
- A screen will open asking if I want to connect Apple Pencil with iPad. I click on link.
How do I charge Apple Pencil 1?
Is my Pencil empty? Then I charge it again as follows:
- I connect Apple Pencil to the Lightning connector of my iPad. It is now charging.
Another way to charge Apple Pencil is with a Lightning cable. I get this included with my iPad. I receive a Lightning adapter with Apple Pencil. This is a small adapter so I attach a Lightning cable to the back of Apple Pencil. This is how I charge Apple Pencil.
How do I use Apple Pencil 1 in Notes?
There are more and more apps that support the use of Apple Pencil. Apps that are standard on iPad and that support Apple Pencil are Mail and Notes. I explain how to draw with Apple Pencil in the Notes app.
- I open Notes.
- I tap the square with a pencil in it.
- Then I tap the icon with the pencil point. Can't I see the icon? Then I first update the * Notes app *.
- To sketch, tap + and Add a sketch. Now the drawing can begin!