How do I install Microsoft 365 and Office 2019?
You have purchased Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 and you want to be productive right away. To give you a hand, I'll explain how to perform the setup in 4 steps.
What do you need?
- A Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 product key.
- A PC or Mac with Internet connection.
- A Microsoft account.
Step 1.1 - Do you already have a Microsoft account?
Select 'Sign in'
Enter your e-mail address
Enter your password
Click on 'Next'
- Go to www.office.com/setup and select 'Login' in the middle of the page.
- Enter your email address and press 'Next'.
- Type the password of your e-mail address and click on 'Sign in'.
- Your account name and your e-mail address will now appear. Click on 'Next'.
Step 1.2 - Don't have a Microsoft account yet?
Click on 'Create new account'
Create an account
*Go to www.office.com/setup and select 'Create new account' at the top right of the page.
- Follow the steps to create an account with Microsoft. For this you use an existing e-mail address or create a new one.
Step 3 - Download Microsoft Office
Choose whether you want to receive tips and advice
Click on "Install Office"
- The system asks if you want to receive tips and advice for using Microsoft Office. Check or uncheck the checkbox and click on 'Next'.
- You are now on a new website. Click on 'Install Office' on the left side of the screen.
- A pop-up screen appears. Click on 'Install'.
- The program starts downloading and appears at the bottom left of your web browser with the name 'Setup.X86.nl' when it finishes.
Step 4 - Install Microsoft Office
Click on the downloaded file
Office is being downloaded
- Click on the downloaded file in your web browser. A screen will appear that asks permission to make changes. Click 'Yes'.
- A new screen opens and Office starts downloading. This can take a few minutes. You can see the progress in the loading bar in the pop-up window.
- The installation is complete when you see 'Everything is ready! Office is now being installed. An animation shows you where you can find new Office applications. Click on 'close'.
Step 5 - Activate Microsoft Office
- You activate Office when you open one of the installed applications. Agree to the license terms by clicking 'Accept'.
- Now you can get started with all the programs that are in your package.