How do I install Microsoft 365 and Office 2019?
You just purchased Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 and you want to be productive right away. On this page, I'll help you along and explain how to perform the installation in just 4 steps.
What do you need?
- Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 product key.
- A PC or Mac with internet connection.
- A Microsoft account.
Step 1.1 - Do you have a Microsoft account already?
Select 'Sign in'
Enter your email address
Click on 'Next'
- Go to www.office.com/setup and select 'Sign in' in the middle of the page.
- Enter your email address and click on 'Next'.
- Enter the password that belongs to your email address and click on 'Sign in'.
- Your account name and email address will now appear. Click on 'Next'.
Step 1.2 - Don't have a Microsoft account yet?
Click on 'Create a new account'
Create an account
- Go to www.office.com/setup and select 'Create a new account' at the top right of the page.
- Follow the steps to create a Microsoft account. You can use an existing email address for this or create a new one.
Step 3 - Download Microsoft Office
Choose if you want to receive tips and advice
Click on 'Install Office'
- The system asks if you want to receive tips and advice on how to use Microsoft Office. Check or uncheck the the checkbox and click on 'Next'.
- You are now on a new web page. Click on 'Install Office' on the left side of the screen.
- A pop-up screen appears. Click on 'Install'.
- The program starts downloading and appears at the bottom left of your web browser with the name 'Setup.X86.nl' when it's finished.
Step 4 - Install Microsoft Office
Click on the downloaded file
- Click on the downloaded file in your web browser. A screen will pop up asking permission to make changes. Click on 'Yes'.
- A new screen opens and Office starts downloading. This can take a few minutes. You can see the progress in the bar that is filling up on the pop-up screen.
- The installation is completed when you see 'You're all set! Office is installed now'. An animation shows you where you can find your new Office applications. Click on 'Close'.
Step 5 - Activate Microsoft Office
- You activate Microsoft Office when you open one of the installed applications. Agree with the license agreements by clicking 'Accept'.
- You can now get started with all of the programs included in your suite.