Advice on iPhone speakers
In and around the house: iPhone dock
With a speaker dock for your iPhone, iPod, or iPad, you'll have a powerful speaker that allows you to enjoy your favorite music without loss of sound quality, while charging your device. All speaker docks work on AC power, so you can use them indoors. Choose a portable speaker dock with an integrated battery if you also want to listen to your music in the garden, on the beach, or in the park. The charging function won't work in that case.
- No loss of sound quality.
- It can charge your iPhone.
- The iPhone must remain on the dock.
In and around the house: Bluetooth
Are you looking for more freedom of movement, where you do not always have to leave your iDevice on the dock? Then a Bluetooth speaker is the best choice. Other wireless speakers must be able to make contact with your network at home and are therefore not suitable for traveling. With a Bluetooth speaker with built-in battery you are completely wireless and you can enjoy your music everywhere. For the more rugged work, water-resistant Bluetooth speakers also exist. Safe on the beach or by the pool. With an iDevice, however, you can not stream high-quality sound via Bluetooth apt-X.
- There is up to 10 meters of freedom of movement.
- You can continue using your iDevice.
- The sound quality is less than a speaker dock.
- You can't stream via apt-X encryption.
- The Bluetooth function drains the battery.
In and around the house: AirPlay
Looking for the best of both worlds? Steam via AirPlay. You can use AirPlay to wirelessly stream music from your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or MacBook to your speakers via a WiFi network. You won't lose sound quality, you can continue using your iDevice while it's streaming, and you have more freedom of movement than with Bluetooth, as long you stay within the WiFi network's range. An additional advantage is that you can play your music via several speakers at the same time. Do you want to enjoy high-quality music outside your WiFi network's reach? Choose a portable speaker dock with AirPlay. These speaker docks are generally heavier than Bluetooth speakers.
- You can play music on different speakers at the same time.
- There's more freedom of movement than with Bluetooth.
- Can only be used with Apple products.
- You need a WiFi network.