How do I reset my TP-Link powerline adapters?
TP-Link powerline adapters can be reset in 2 different ways. Want to reset all connected adapters in 1 go? Use TP-Link's software. In this software, you can also adjust the settings of the adapters. If you're not using the software or if you want to reset an individual adapter, use the reset button on the devices. Note that the main adapter – the one connected to the router – can't be reset. Its only job is forwarding your router's signal to the other adapters.
What do you need?
For resetting via the software
- The adapter(s) you're going to reset
- A paperclip
Note: for each method, it's important that the powerline adapters are plugged into the socket.
For resetting with the reset button
- The adapter you're going to reset
- The TP-Link software
- A computer connected to the same network as the powerline adapters
Method 2: reset the adapter using the software
- Start the TP-Link software, the 'management utility'.
- There are a number of tabs at the top of the screen. Select 'System'.
- Do you only want to rest the adapter the computer is currently connected to? Click 'Reset Local Device'. Do you want to reset all adapters in the network? Select 'Reset All Devices'.
- The LEDs on the adapter(s) will flash. Wait until they stay on without flashing. The reset procedure has now been completed.
- (Optional) Reconnect the powerline adapters to each other.
How do I set up my TP-Link powerline adapters?
Is it not working?
We'll gladly help you reset your TP-Link powerline adapters. If you're having trouble resetting the adapters after following these steps, please feel free to contact our customer service.