How do you set up your Samsung Smart Hub?
|What are we going to do?||Prepare the Samsung Smart Hub for use.|
|How long does this last?||5 to 10 minutes.|
|What do you need?||A Samsung smart TV and the included remote. The password to your WiFi network or a network cable connected to your network.|
Step 1: connect your smart TV to the internet
In order to use and download apps, connect your smart TV to the internet. On the next page, you can read how to do this. Is your TV already connected to the internet? Then you can skip this step.
Step 2: search the app you want
To open an app, select it using the arrow keys on your remote and press enter. This is the button in the middle of the arrow keys. You can find the apps in 3 places:
- The start bar. Press the Source button to open the start bar. Here you'll instantly find the most commonly used apps.
- The Apps menu. Select the Apps icon in the start bar and press the enter button. You'll now see an overview of all installed and available apps for your television.
- Was your smart TV made in 2016? First press the down arrow in the start bar, then navigate to the right to find the Apps icon.
- The search screen. In the Apps menu, select the magnifying glass at the top right and enter the name of the app.
Can't find the app via the search screen? Then this app is unfortunately not available for your smart TV.
Step 3: install an app
If you open an app that's installed on your television, it opens immediately. In this case, skip this step.
Is the app not installed yet? Then you'll automatically go to the installation screen after you open the app. Here, select the Install button and press enter.
Was your smart TV made in 2016? In that case, first select the More button on the left side of the screen. Press the down arrow repeatedly until you reach the end of the text and select Close. Then select Install.
Step 4: attach an app to the start bar
To quickly access your favorite apps, attach them to the start bar. You can do this as follows:
- Go back to the Apps menu.
- Select the Settings option here. This is the icon that looks like a gear. You'll find this icon next to the magnifying glass.
- Press enter.
- You'll now see a list of all installed apps. Select the app you want to add to the start bar.
- In the menu that appears, select the option Add to homepage, then press enter. To remove an app from the start bar, select Delete from homepage.
Repeat step 4 for all apps that you use frequently. Your television is now completely ready for using apps. Sit back and enjoy your new television.