How do I set up my TP-Link mifi router?
What do you need?
- A mifi router from TP-Link
- The supplied battery
- A SIM card. It is advisable to use a data plan for your mifi router
- A smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop
- The network name and password of your wireless network, you can find this on the inside of the mifi router
Step 1: Prepare the mifi router for use
- Remove the back of the mifi router. You do this via the notch on the side of the device.
- (Optional) Take a picture of the Wi-Fi settings you find on the inside of the rear door, or note them. You need this when setting up.
- Insert the SIM card into the SIM card slot.
- Now insert the battery into the device, it only fits in one way.
- Attach the back to the device.
- Press the power button on the front of the device. Your mifi router is now ready for use.
Step 2: set up the mifi router
It is now time to set up the router. First connect to the network of the TP-Link mifi router. Use a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop for this. Search for the network you have just taken over from the back of the device and enter the corresponding password.
- Open the configuration page of your TP-Link router in an internet browser.
- Enter 'admin' with both the login and the password when prompted.
- Press: 'Login'.
- (Optional) If the SIM card is still locked by means of a pin code you can now enter it. It is advisable to check the 'Auto-unlock PIN' option at the same time to avoid having to enter the PIN code again and again. Press 'Apply'.
- A popup appears. Choose a new password for the device and enter it. This is not the password you will use for the wireless network. This is only for logging in the configuration page. Then press 'Confirm'.
- In the next screen you see the settings of your provider. If this is correct, press 'Next'. ** Note **: Are the data not correct? Then create a new profile by pressing 'Create'. Then enter the correct information here. These can always be found at the provider.
- Choose a name for your network and fill it out. This is the name you see when you search for available networks. Enter a desired password. This is the password you use to connect to the network. Press 'Next'.
- You will now see an overview of the chosen options. Take it through and press 'Save' if everything is correct.
- Your mifi router has been set up. You just have to connect to the new network name you just selected.
** Tip **: For some providers it is necessary to enable roaming. This can occur if the provider uses a network from another provider. You do this by opening the configuration page from step 2-1 again. Select the 'Advanced' tab at the top of the page. Then you see the second option: 'Data Roaming'. Switch it on. You can now use your new mifi router anywhere.
Is it not working?
We're happy to help you with the installation of your new TP-Link MiFi router. Does the installation not work with the aid of this step-by-step plan? Please contact our customer service.