How do you set up your Apple TV?
Set up Apple TV in 5 steps
Setting up your Apple TV isn't hard. You just follow a few steps.
- Step 1. Connect Apple TV and turn it on
- Step 2. Set the language and turn on Siri
- Step 3. Configure with an Apple device or manually
- Step 4. Choose your settings
- Step 5. Prepare Apple TV
What do you need?
You need a couple of things to set up Apple TV:
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD.
- A television or screen with an HDMI port. Do you have Apple TV 4K? Make sure your television supports 4K, HDR, or both.
- A private internet connection.
- An HDMI cable. Do you have Apple TV 4K? Make sure to use an HDMI 2.0 cable or higher. Keep in mind that an HDMI cable isn't included with Apple TV.
- Possibly an Apple device to configure Apple TV with.
Step 1: connect and turn it on
Before you set up your Apple TV, you need to connect the box to power and to your television.
- Connect the included power cable to the Apple TV box and put the connector in the socket.
- Connect your HDMI cable to Apple TV and connect the other end of the cable to your television or screen.
- On your television or screen, select the HDMI port the Apple TV is connected to.
Step 2: choose your language and turn on Siri
Choose the language for your Apple TV during the setup
Turn on Siri for optimal use of your Apple TV
The first thing you set is the country you and your Apple TV are in. The language of Apple TV is automatically selected to the language of the country.
- Swipe on the Touch surface of your Siri Remote to find yourlanguage and country or region. Then, click on the Touch surface to confirm. Did you click on the wrong country? Click the menu button to return to the previous screen.
- For optimal use of Apple TV and the Siri remote, turn on Siri. Click on Use Siri. You can now let Siri find you movies, or read you the latest news. Not a fan of the personal assistent? Click on Don't use Siri.
Step 3: configure Apple TV
It's now time to configure Apple TV. You do this with an Apple device or manually. This is how you configure Apple TV with an Apple device:
- On the next screen, choose Configure with a device. You use Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to configure Apple TV.
- Unlock your Apple device and connect it to the WiFi network. Turn on Bluetooth.
- Hold your iPhone, iPod, or iPad next to the Apple TV.
- Follow the instructions on your Apple device and Apple TV.
You don't have another Apple device? Configure the Apple TV manually.
- Choose Configure manually and follow the steps on your television or screen. During these steps, you connect to your WiFi network and log in with your Apple ID.
Step 4: choose your settings
After Apple TV is configured, you go through a few settings.
- Choose the room where your Apple TV is. You can now easily find it in your settings or in the Home app on your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or Mac.
- Turn locations on or off. Apple TV uses your location to optimize apps like Thuisbezorgd. You can directly see all the restaurants near you.
- Turn on Download automatically for the screen saver, and enjoy the nicest screen savers from all over the world.
- Accept the terms and conditions of Apple TV and get started with your Apple TV.
Do you have Apple TV 4K? You can be asked to do a quick screen test. Follow the instructions on the screen for this.
Step 5: prepare your Apple TV
Your Apple TV is all set up and you can get started. For example, download your favorite apps from the App Store or log in to your most used streaming service like Netflix or Videoland.