What is the build quality of a washing machine?
When assessing the build quality of a washing machine, we pay attention to the following specifications:
- Casing made of metal and enamel: The protective enamel layer on the front prevents scratches and discoloration.
- Stainless steel drum: Wears less quickly so that your clothes stay nice longer.
- Stainless steel tub: Wears less quickly, so it's less firm than a metal or plastic tub.
- Brushless motor: Uses less energy and wears less quickly because it doesn't have carbon brushes.
- 3 types of leak protection: With a bottom leak sensor, safety hose, and overfill protection, you're protected from water damage.
- Balance system: Makes sure your washing machine stays in place during spinning.
- Self-cleaning detergent drawer: The detergent doesn't accumulate because the soap dish is rinsed with water.
- Drum cleaner: Thanks to the high temperature, drum cleaning prevents mold and stale odors.
High-end build quality
High-end washing machines can last for years, and are better protected from water damage than other models. A washing machine with high-end build quality has at least 70% of the specifications from the table above. High-end washing machines distinguish themselves from mid-range washing machines because they're made of indestructible materials. A Miele washing machine has a stainless steel tub and an protective enamel layer around the drum door. Because of that, your washing machine won't scratch and the color will remain intact.
Mid-range build quality
The latest mid-range washing machines always have a brushless motor. This doesn't require additional parts to drive the washing machine, so your engine will wear less quickly. A mid-range washing machine has at least 50% of the specifications from the table above. Some mid-range washing machines have a self-cleaning detergent drawer; basic washing machines don't.
Basic build quality
If you're looking for an affordable washing machine, choose a washing machine with basic build quality. The lifespan of your washing machine will be a bit shorter. A basic washing machine has less than 50% of the specifications from the table above. Even though it's made of cheap materials, half of the basic washing machines have a brushless motor. This wears less quickly than a carbon brush motor.
Looking for a decent washing machine? Choose a washing machine with mid-range build quality or up. They always have a brushless motor, so your washing machine will wear less quickly. If you choose high-end build quality, your washing machine will last the longest. In addition, a high-end washing machine is secured to prevent water damage.