How do I set up my Apple Watch?
- On my iPhone I go to Settings and then to Bluetooth. I switch on bluetooth.
- I make sure that my iPhone is connected to WiFi or a mobile network.
Step 1: Turn on and put on Apple Watch
- I turn on Apple Watch by pressing the button on the side until the Apple logo appears.
- It takes a while for the logo to disappear.
- Will Apple Watch not turn on? Then I first charge it with the charger.
Step 2: Hold Apple Watch next to iPhone
- I hold Apple Watch next to my iPhone and wait until the message
- Use your iPhone to configure this Apple Watch.
- Now I click on Continue.
- When I go through all the following steps, I keep my Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
Step 3: Point the camera at Apple Watch
- As soon as I see the blue cloud animation, I point the camera of my iPhone at the face of my Apple Watch.
- Can I not use the camera for some reason? If so, I click on Connect Apple Watch manually and follow the steps.
- If you don't get the message Pair my Apple Watch on your iPhone, you should open the Apple Watch app and tap Start pairing.
Step 4: Install as new or restore backup
- Because this is my first Apple Watch, I set it up as a new Apple Watch. I do this by clicking on Configure Apple Watch.
- I update my Apple Watch to the latest WatchOS when prompted.
- If I already had an Apple Watch before, then I choose: Backup.
Step 5: Log in with Apple ID
- I log in with my Apple ID when prompted.
- I can also do this later. To do this, go to the Apple Watch app on my iPhone and click on General and then Apple ID.
Step 6: Choose settings
- Now my Apple Watch shows which settings it shares with my iPhone.
- On my iPhone, for example, Search for my iPhone, Location facilities and WiFi calling enabled? Then these settings are also enabled on my Apple Watch.
Step 7: Set the access code
In the next screen I get the option to set an access code. My data on Apple Watch is better protected with a code. As soon as I take it off, Apple Watch is automatically locked.
- I click on Create code or on Add long access code on my iPhone.
- I enter the code on my Apple Watch.
- If I do not want a code, I click on Do not set an access code. I do not recommend setting an access code.
Step 8: Select functions and install apps
I then set functions such as SOS and Activity by following the steps. I also now choose to install apps on Apple Watch. These are apps that I have already installed on my iPhone and also work on Apple Watch.
- I tap Install everything.
- If I don't want this? Then I click on Choose later.
Step 9: Please wait
Now I have to wait until all my data is transferred. Depending on how much you need to transfer, this can take a while. I keep my Apple Watch and iPhone close together during the transfer. When all my data is transferred I feel a tap on the wrist of the Apple Watch. I push the gear on the side of my Apple Watch and it's ready for use!