How do you connect a television to your Apple MacBook?
Connect a television to your MacBook
You have to options to connect a television to your Apple MacBook:
- Connect via AirPlay
- Connect with HDMI cable
Connect via Airplay
The easiest way to stream your videos to your television is via AirPlay. If you have an Apple TV or a smart TV that supports AirPlay, you can stream all your favorite videos directly to your television. You can also use AirPlay to mirror the screen of your MacBook on your television. And you don't even have to struggle with cables.
- Click on the AirPlay icon in the top corner on the right of your MacBook.
- Select your television in the list and start streaming.
Connect with an HDMI cable
If you don't have an Apple TV or smart TV with AirPlay support, you can use a DisplayPort or HDMI cable. The newer Apple MacBook models don't have an HDMI port. You need a cable converter for these.
- Connect the HDMI cable (with cable converter) to your MacBook.
- Connect your MacBook to the television via the HDMI cable.
- Click on the Source button of your remote and select the right HDMI port.