How do you install the Ring doorbell?
- Fully charge the Ring doorbell
- Link the doorbell to the Ring app
- Mount the doorbell
You can connect the Ring to the wiring of your old doorbell. Don't have a doorbell, or is there no wiring? Supply the doorbell with power via the internal battery. With average use, you have to charge this battery about 2 times a year via the included charging cable. Charging the battery takes about 8 hours. If you connect the Ring doorbell wired, it's still advised to charge the battery before installation. Plug the cable into the connector on the back of the Ring and connect it to a connector.
2. Connect the doorbell to the app
Linking the Ring Video doorbell to your phone is very easy. Make sure your phone and the Ring are charged and follow these steps:
- Download the app;
- Create a new account via 'Set up a device';
- Press the plus icon 'Set up device';
- Choose the right product;
- Select a name for the doorbell or come up with one yourself;
- Enter your location;
- Press the orange button on the back of the Ring Video doorbell. If you have a Ring Video doorbell 2, you press the black button on the front;
- Change the WiFi network in your phone settings. Choose the network that starts with 'Ring-...' and return to the app;
- Create your own WiFi network via the app.
3. Mount the doorbell
- Switch off the power in the fuse box;
- Remove the old doorbell;
- For the Ring Video doorbell, you place the mounting bracket on the right height and mark where the screws will go with a pen or pencil. The Ring Video deurbel 2 is mounted directly on the surface (no mounting bracket);
- This step is only necessary for a concrete or brick wall. If you're placing the Ring on wood, go to step 4. Drill holes in the wall using the included drill bit. Drill to a depth of 2.5 centimeters. Put the included plugs in the holes;
- Thread the wiring through the mounting bracket and mount the bracket on the wall;
- Connect the wiring to the terminal screws. Don't unscrew the screws all the way, just loosen them. Place the wires under the head of the screw;
- Connect the 2 terminal screws to the diode and fasten the screws;
- Place the Ring doorbell on the mounting bracket and slight it down a little;
- Tighten the security screws that are on the underside of the Ring doorbell.
Mounting without wiring
- Place the mounting bracket at the right height and mark where the screws will go with a pen or pencil;
- This step is only needed for a concrete or brick wall. If you're mounting the Ring on a wooden surface, continue to step 4. Drill holes in the wall with the included drill. Drill to a depth of 2.5 centimeters. Put the included plugs in the holes;
- Mount the bracket on the wall using the bracket and the included screws;
- Place the Ring doorbell on the mounting bracket and slide it down slightly;
- Tighten the security screws on the underside of the Ring doorbell.