How do I expand my Philips Hue system?
Step 1: determine the location
Consider before you want to expand your system where you want to place the lamps. Do you want to place or replace lights above the dining table, for example? Then you most likely need a light source with an E27 fitting. When it comes to functional lighting in the kitchen, a GU10 spot is the most suitable. Or would you prefer to light a piece of furniture or television with indirect light? The Hue Lightstrip is the atmosphere maker.
Step 2: connect the lamp
- Turn the light in a fixture or in case of another light, power the light.
- Flip the switch, the light has to be on to be found.
- Make sure your smartphone or tablet is connected to the same WiFi network as the bridge.
Step 3: add the lamp
- Open the Philips Hue app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to "Settings" and click on "Find new lights"
- When the app has found the lights, click on "Done"
- Rename the lights if necessary.
Philips Hue Tap
The Philips Hue Tap is a wireless switch that works on the body temperature of your finger. You do not need batteries for this. With 3 buttons you control all the lights in the house from 30 meters away. You set which scene is switched on with each button. Adding to the Hue system is simple. You simply search for it in the Hue app and add it.
Philips Hue dimmer
The Hue dimmer is a wireless switch that lets you switch your lights on and off and dims. You use this switch as a remote control or as a wall switch. Because mounting hardware is supplied, you can easily attach the dimmer to the wall. You also add this switch to your Philips Hue system via the Hue app.
Philips Hue bridge
To use all the functionalities of Philips Hue you need a Philips Hue bridge. Without bridge you can not add extra lamps to your Philips Hue system. The bridge is actually the heart of all Philips Hue lamps. He ensures that you can control the lights via your smartphone and tablet.