How do I become a Coolblue partner?
- Sign up for the Coolblue affiliate program via the link below. Are you already active for the Recruitment or Solar Panels program? Send us an email with your account name so we can add your account to the general affiliate program.
Answers to the most general questions:
- Partnerize is a system we use to register your clicks, sales, and commission. You can also do this yourself by registering. With this system, you can easily download our promotional material and track your results.
Do I need to be registered with the Chamber of Commerce?
- Not necessarily. You only need to be registered with the Chamber of Commerce if you generate a large affiliate income.
Do I need a website to apply?
- We only do online affiliate marketing. That means you need a website, app, or social media account.
My application was rejected. Why?
- Your application may be rejected for several reasons. We've listed the most frequent ones in the email you've received regarding the rejection. Don't agree with our decision or didn't receive an email? Let us know, so we can look for a solution together.
Do you work with coupon codes and cashback websites?
- No. We stopped working with coupon codes and cashback websites in January 2019.
Can I add an extra website to my account?
- If you want to promote Coolblue with extra websites or social media, you have to add them to your Partnerize account. You can do that by going to Settings.
- On the left side, you can find the websites you can use for your promotion. You can add new websites and social media accounts or remove inactive ones. Don't forget to save your changes with the button on the bottom of the page.
Can I change my account name?
- No, you can't.
Do you have any tips for a good account name?
- Choose an account name that you can remember. You can choose whatever you want. The name of your son, your favorite dish, your own name, it's all fine to us.
How can I stop participating in the affiliate program?
- Send a short email to email@example.com. We'll arrange the rest!
Can I unsubscribe to the newsletter?
- Of course. At the bottom of the email, click "Unsubscribe", or reply to the email saying that you don't want to receive any more emails. We'll make sure you're removed from the mailing list.
Is it possible to set up exclusive promotions?
- Yes, we're always open to that. Do you have an idea for an exclusive promotion? You can always call or email us to discuss the options. We'll do our best to reply as soon as possible.
Do you work with generic discount codes? * No, we don't have generic discount codes. That means we can't set up any promotions with them either.
Can I use Coolblue's content? * Yes, you can use the content of the Coolblue website for inspiration, but you can't copy it. In our feed, you can find an image you can use for each product. It's the same one as the first image on a product page. You can also refer to our product videos on YouTube. If you want to dress up your text, you can use royalty-free photos from our Affiliate Image Database via the link below.
Which separator is in the product feed?
- The separator in the feed is a comma.
Can I get a product feed for a specific category?
- You can find all product types in the full feed. If you want a separate feed for a certain product type, we can create one for you.
I can't find all the products in the product feed. What's up?
- There are 2 possible explanations for this. It's possible that a product is no longer in stock or that we filter from the feed any products that don't earn us any profit after deducting the commission. We only want to promote products that are profitable for both of us.
The product feed doesn't work when I click on it. How can I access it?
- A product feed needs to be activated before use. You can do this by clicking the download button the first time. It'll take about 4 hours before they're ready. After 4 hours, you can download them and implement them on your website. If the feed hasn't been used for a long time, it'll need to be reactivated.
How long is an affiliate cookie valid?
- Since 10 September 2020, we've moved to commissions for touchpoints via attribution. An affiliate cookie is now valid for 56 days.
Does Coolblue deduplicate on other channels?
- No, this is no longer necessary with the new attribution model. You'll receive a commission for your share in the customer journey. Read more about our new commission model below.
Will I receive compensation if I refer my customer to a laptop but they buy a vacuum cleaner?
- Yes, that's not a problem. Of course, you'll receive the compensation for the product you sell, and not the commission of the product you're promoting.
I get Dutch, Belgian, and German visitors on my website or social media account. How does that work?
- Coolblue has separate affiliate programs for the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany. That means we use 3 different tracking cookies. You can choose to use one code with a banner. You can also place a link to the Dutch and the Belgian Coolblue website, when writing a product review for example.
Will I receive compensation if I send Belgian visitors to the Dutch website?
- Yes, you'll always receive a commission, regardless of the visitor's origin or where the conversion took place.
How much is the commission?
- To be able to always give the best commission, it's different for each product group.
How come an order was rejected?
- There are several reasons why orders might be rejected. The customer could have returned the product, or they didn't pay. It part of the order is returned, Partnerize automatically creates a new order with the same order number. There you'll find the products the customer did keep.
When are the orders checked?
- The orders are checked within 30 days.
How can I receive payment?
- The commission is paid from a minimum of € 25. In Partnerize, you can set when you want to be paid. You can set it to pay from a certain amount or on a fixed day of the month. Make sure to add your payment data to your account. You can do that under the 'payments' header.
How long does it take before I receive a payment?
- The payments are processed in Great Britain, so it might take an extra workday. If the money is still not on your account after one workweek, please contact us. International payments don't account for VAT. You commissions don't include VAT.
New commission model through attribution
When will the new attribution model take effect?
- As of 10 September 2020.
I don't see today's transactions in my account. Is that right?
- Yes. Because we have to link many data points together, this takes a little more time. The sales will appear in your account 2 days later, around 12:00. The clicks remain visible in your account in real-time.
How does it work?
- Together with our data partner, we map out the complete customer journey of our sales. This allows us to determine per touchpoint how important it has been for a purchase. This value is important for the commission you receive.
How do you determine the value per touchpoint?
- In our attribution model, we use the Shapley model. This means that we compare all kinds of different customer journeys. We look at the value of a particular channel, compared to similar customer journeys without that particular channel. Via Game theory, a share is then assigned to each channel and to each touchpoint.
How much do I get per sale?
- The compensation depends on 3 elements:
- the order value;
- the commission percentage that applies to the product group;
- the share in the total customer journey.
- We've set a commission per product type. By default, you'll receive 2% commission unless otherwise defined. View the overview of commissions per product type below.
- In addition, the number of touchpoints within the customer journey is important for the value you receive as a publisher. The fewer touchpoints in the sale, the higher your value and commission.
- As usual, you'll receive a commission percentage on the order value. The difference is that we multiply this by the share you have had in the customer journey. This share is somewhere between 0 and 1. If there have been multiple touchpoints, your share is closer to 0. Have you been the only touchpoint? You have a share of 1.
What is the difference with the old remuneration model?
- In the old remuneration model, you only received compensation if you were the last channel to send the visitor to Coolblue. We call this compensation based on last-click. With the new model, you'll be assigned a value for each contact moment within the customer journey and you'll always receive compensation for that contact moment.
- You get a commission more often than before, which is a lot more fair. The new fee is generally lower, because you share it with other publishers and channels.
Will the new remuneration model affect my earnings?
- Yes, because the new remuneration model ensures that you receive a commission more often. You share this with other involved partners. How this works out for you depends on several factors. For example, the type of website or account you have, what kind of target group your site visits, and how much contact your visitors have had with other websites or social media channels in their online orientation process.
Can I see what the fee is based on?
- Yes, that is possible. Within the reporting of the Partnerize platform, you can find all the information of a transaction as usual, including the share that you've been allocated in the customer journey.
To view this data, click on a transaction in the reporting dashboard. Information about the relevant order appears at the bottom of the screen and you can select the options "Share" and "Orig Value" via the "Column" drop-down menu.
- Share indicates the value you have had in the customer journey. This is a number between 0 and 1.
- Orig Value shows the order value of the complete order.
- We also work with Partnerize to provide insight into how many other affiliate touchpoints have been involved in the customer journey in the future.
The order value in my reports seems to have gone down?
- That is right! You see the order value multiplied by the share that you were allocated at the sale per order. Do you want to see the original order value of an order? Click on a transaction in the reporting dashboard. Information about the relevant order appears at the bottom of the screen and you can select the options "Share" and "Orig Value" via the "Column" drop-down menu.
- Share indicates the value you have had in the customer journey. This is a number between 0 and 1.
- Orig Value shows the order value of the complete order. Value is the amount that you see as standard with an order and is the share multiplied by the original order value.
Do you use deduplication on other channels?
- No, this is no longer necessary with the new attribution model. You receive a commission for your share in the customer journey.
How far does the attribution model look back?
- Up to 56 days. You'll receive compensation for interactions that took place up to 56 days earlier.
Will the inspection period remain the same?
- Yes, adjusting the cookie time doesn't affect the inspection period. This will simply remain 30 days.
Do you have any other questions?
- Do you have a question that hasn't been answered? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.