How do you fix an AEG dryer error yourself?
AEG error C2 or E20
With fault C2 or E20, there is a problem with the water drainage.
- Check whether the drain hose is properly placed on your dryer and the drain.
- Check if there is a kink or a big loop in the hose and take it out.
AEG error C6
Error code C6 means you have a problem with the moisture sensor. This causes the drying cycle to takes longer than usual.
- Make sure the socket is grounded. You can recognize this by 2 metal pins in the socket.
- Is the outlet not grounded? Connect the dryer to a socket that does have 2 metal pins.
- If the socket is grounded, there is a problem with the moisture measurement.
- Check whether the lint trap and condenser are clean.
- If your dryer doesn't work yet, a technician is required.
AEG error C8
If error code C8 occurs, there is a problem with the temperature sensor. Make an appointment with a technician.
AEG error CD
Error code C8 means the door doesn't close properly.
- Check for laundry caught in the door.
- Make sure you load your dryer properly.
- Push the door until you hear it click.
- Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and restart the dryer cycle.
AEG error E40
The door doesn't close properly or the dryer is connected to the wrong group.
- Put any wax that is stuck between the drum and the door back in the drum.
- Close the door by pushing it until you hear it click.
- Unplug the dryer for 30 seconds and restart the dryer cycle.
- Do you have solar panels at home? Make sure you connect the dryer to another group.
AEG error E60
The dryer doesn't heat up properly. The lint trap and condenser may be dirty.
- Empty the lint trap and rinse it under the faucet.
- Dry the filter with a clean cloth.
- Clean the condenser.
- Finally, make sure there is sufficient ventilation in the room where your dryer is located. Open a window or door, for example.
AEG failure EH0 or EHO
If you see error code EH0 or EHO, the dryer doesn't receive power.
- Check whether the plug is properly inserted in the socket.
- Test if another device works on this socket.
- Another product doesn't work either? There is something wrong with the electricity and not with the dryer.
Didn't fix the problem?
When troubleshooting a dryer, it's important that the lint trap and condenser are clean. It can also help to unplug the dryer and restart the dryer cycle after you plug it back in. If this doesn't work, a technician is required. Did you buy the dryer at Coolblue and is it covered by the warranty? Please contact our Customer Service. If this isn't the case, please contact AEG.