Garmin Pay: what is it and how does it work?
What is Garmin Pay?
With Garmin Pay, you pay contactless via your Garmin smartwatch. Garmin Pay was first announced in November 2017, but was not yet available in the Netherlands. This has been possible since October 2018. A condition for this is that you must have a debit card from one of the participating banks. At the moment they are ABN AMRO, Rabobank or a Mastercard credit card from ICS.
How does Garmin Pay work?
- Step 1 is to activate your payment card in the banking app on your smartphone.
- You also have to connect your payment card in the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone, via the 'Create a wallet' option.
- Now that your debit card is linked to your Garmin smartwatch, you have the option to pay with the smartwatch.
- The first time you want to pay, hold down the activation button of your smartwatch and select the Wallet icon. Then enter your PIN code.
- The green check mark on your smartwatch indicates that your payment was successful.
- Next time, you only have to put your watch in front of the ATM to pay.
Which Garmin watch can I use to pay?
To make a contactless payment, the watch must have an NFC chip. The following watches have this.